The 114th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Club to be held online on Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 7.00pm
* Meeting Minutes now available for download *
- Welcome by the Lord Provost
- Apologies for absence:
- Minute of the AGM held on 23rd September 2020
(printed in Volume 16 of the Book of the Old Edinburgh Club)
- Intimation of items for inclusion under 11: Other Competent Business
- Annual Report
- Secretary’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Re-election of our Independent Examiner, Stuart Lockhart
- Editor’s Report
- Election of Office Bearers and Council:
- Honorary President: Lord Cullen of Whitekirk
- President: Rev W Peter Graham
- Vice Presidents: Dr Edward Duvall
- Hon. Treasurer: Mike Harrison
- Hon. Secretary & Minutes Secretary: Derrick Johnstone
- Editor: Dr Wilson Smith
- Membership Secretary: Jerry Ozaniec
- Programme Secretary: Prof Richard Rodger
- Publicity Officer: Mrs Pat Jones
- Council Members: Any nominations
Any member wishing to make a nomination for an office bearer or an ordinary member of Council is invited to send the name of the nominee together with a note of their agreement to stand for election to the Secretary, Derrick Johnstone (email@example.com) by Friday, 17 September.
Nominations may also be made at the AGM provided the nominee is present or has agreed in writing to stand.
Please note: The following members have previously been elected to serve on Council for three years (date of election in brackets): Dr Diana Leat (2019), Dr Neil MacGillivray (2019), Ms Alison Macdonald (2019). Mr Steven Robb comes to the end of his tenure, having been elected in 2018. Dr John Amoore resigned as Secretary and Dr John McAleese and Mr Derrick Johnstone were co-opted to the Council during the year.
- Any other competent business of which notice is given at the start of the meeting
At the close of the formal business there will be a presentation by Richard Hunter, former Edinburgh City Archivist, on ‘Why Archives Matter’.